Sunday 16 August 2009

Finally friday challenge and the Weekly Challenge at Two Peas in a Bucket

Do you ever feel Fridays (and Saturdays and Sundays) go by in Mickey Mouse speeeed? I certainly do... Weekdays seem to be long and I am lucky if I can squeeze any scrapbooking or crafting time into my week days. Most of my time is spent on things that I certainly would not have dreamt of doing when I was a little girl... When your friends in childhood said they wanted to be firemen or princesses when they grew up, I bet you never ever answered that the purpose of your life would be to write a looong sequence of electronic mails and documents and reports and trainings followed by (on good days) some well designed electronic files (=ppt) !

My REAL life starts on Fridays at 19.00 when the last email has been appropriately answered and MS outlook is closed. I rush to deal with food and get my craft stash out. My DH wonders where all that energy suddenly comes from ... :- )

Hope you can relate! How is your usual day like? I'm a curious busybody ! Anyways... Enough about my life as craft-a-holic.

Just made this card for the Finally Friday challenge. Used Cosmo Cricket's Snorkel and Lil'Man pps. Sooo love them! Hand drawn cloud, handmade fish hook (from craft wire) and chipboard heart complete the card. I also used the Sakura Glaze pen for the stitches. Love the faux embossed look (and feel) it gives!



This card is completely handmade apart from the pp! Hand-drawn cat, cut, outlined in black and coloured with IKanDee Pearlescent chalking set...Luuurv this set. And I like the way this kitty turned out. I felt it needed a something festive so I made a bunting from various ribbon scraps and attached across the top left and stamped the sentiment inside the card. Oh and I also covered the pink bazzill with lots of shimmer chalk (to jazz it up a bit)... just doesn't well in the photos, sorry!

Thanks for looking!
Cheers,
Avantica

No comments: