Tuesday 11 August 2009

Christmas in August...Allerede Jul det er Kool...!

Waaayyyy in advance: A very cool Yule to all !


I started my Christmas preparations early this year...waaaayyyy early! Last year's Christmas was a bit stressed as I had lots of charity projects, travel planning and christmas cards to make. This year I have decided that I want to be completely done with all my Christmas tasks by November!! This will be the most relaxing Christmas I have had for years (fingers crossed!). In the process I will give you tips on how to succeed in this endeavour and occasionally how NOT to succeed :-)


Today, I started with some traditional christmas colours and themes. Anyhow, here are the cards I made.


Well, firstly I'm making some christmas cards for family and friends. I thought I would try a few different styles so I have appropriate ones for differents personality types e.g.., some who dig girly stuff, some who like it plain, some who like the vintage style and so on. Usually I just make 1 or 2 styles and mass produce them for all family and friends. But this year since I'm starting early I thought it would be nice to have many different cards. And if I do run out of time, I could always just reproduce the quick and easy ones!

I gold embossed the button in the upper right hand corner here. I think it was 2 layers of embossing.
The snowman here is gorgeous! It's a happy, sparkly gold ...a shame I couldn't photograph it well !



Materials:
  • Bazzill cardstock, green
  • Bazzill cardstock, Red
  • Gold shiny metallic cardstock
  • Red stars, Classic collection (by Karen-Marie)
  • Classic Merry Christmas, Classic collection (by Karen-Marie)
  • Red dots and Stripes, Classic collection (by Karen-Marie)
  • Small red and green dots, Classic collection (by Karen-Marie)
  • Gold embossing powder
  • Clear embossing pen (Tsukineko)
  • Clear embossing stamp pad (Tsukineko)
  • Stamps, Sparkle clear Holiday messages (Hero Arts)
  • Snowman stamp set (local 1 pound shop!)
  • Miscellaneous buttons and ribbons (lss)

TIP OF THE WEEK :
  • Make a list of all family members and friends in an excel sheet. Include birthdates, addresses and email ids. This way you have all the info you need to make the cards for that month or for christmas all in one place.
  • Every month just check whom you have to make cards for and mail them off well in time. In the very least, you can always email them your congratulations! Easy!

Cheers,

Avantica

No comments: